Pastrol Support Assistant
£15,523 - £16,969 pro rata
15 hours 25 minutes per week. 12:15pm - 3:20pm, Monday - Friday, 38 weeks per year. Required as soon as possible .
You will work in collaboration with class teachers, the SEN team and school support staff to provide small group and 1:1 support to pupils with communication and language needs or social, emotional and behavioural difficulties to enable their inclusion and help them to achieve their best.
* have experience helping to support and implement a range of strategies for children, including those with SEN
* have a knowledge and understanding of a range of behaviour management strategies
* have experience working 1:1 and with small groups and be willing to work across all year groups (Nursery to Year 6)
* have training and experience with individuals on the autistic spectrum
* be able to deliver social intervention groups to children with a range of needs
* be a good communicator with the ability to work effectively with other staff members across the school
* run intervention groups with high expectations of behaviour management
* be flexible and adaptable in supporting the SEN team in this new role
* be able to fulfil the duties on the job description.
You are warmly invited to come and visit the school.
For further details and to arrange a visit please contact the Headteacher on (01502) 561234.
Closing date: 9am, 5 February 2016.
Interview date: w/c 22 February 2016.
Please find below job description and the application pack.